WHERE'S THE DRAMA? ONLINE FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHERE'S THE DRAMA? ONLINE FORUM

The energetic & generous participation of filmmakers and their audiences in the dissemination & discussion of ideas, opinions & work practises related to screen storytelling is essential to the life of a dynamic & evolving screen culture. ENTER THE DRAMA!

MAKE A SCENE : Online Screenwriting Challenge

Admin
    Admin

MAKE A SCENE : Online Screenwriting Challenge Empty MAKE A SCENE : Online Screenwriting Challenge

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 am

The Challenge:
    To write 3-5 pages of potently dramatic material in less than 2 days - and in doing so, prove to myself that I am capable of writing a compelling 100 or so page screenplay over approximately one month.
    The Writer’s Store recently started a similar project with really big names attached (it’s called the industry insider) and I imagine you will continue to see more of these.

Here’s the prompt, or Premise:

Your PROTAGONIST and his or her LOVE INTEREST are at odds.
    One of the protagonist’s schemes has gone terribly awry, and the love interest has had it.
    Write a scene (no more than 5 pages long) in which they have it out – but in an unconventional way.
    Their words seem measured and reasonable; but the subtext says another thing entirely. You may use additional characters other than the ones specified.

Note From Stoneking:

This is going to take some insightful, fresh and thoroughly character-driven writing in which the complexity and inner contradictions of the characters allows for the presence of subtext. For example, they can talk about the faulty car hearter but it’s clear they’re really talking about something else. Use sarcasm or body language or timing or other means to convey your true meaning.

Top THREE entires will be published on WHERE'S THE DRAMA? Facebook and official website.

Send entries to stonekingseminars@hotmail.com by 5 pm Saturday, March 26. Winners to be notified by email Tuesday, March 5th

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 4:35 am